Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Walmart now has a redirect link to Kobo

...so the "launch" has officially happened now.  I'm less disappointed today than I was yesterday.

Start at the Walmart site, and then click on the links for ebooks.  You'll see the Kobo Rakuten banner.  Click a second time (!) and you'll be redirected to the Kobo site.

The bad: it takes a bit of searching and five clicks just to get to the promotion category where my box set is.  Will anyone ever find it?  :(

The good: if anyone does make it that far into the site, and then filters according to new releases, then my box set is the very first thing that appears.  If one filters by price, then it's on page 4, which I can live with.

So my feelings are mixed at the moment.  I expect more changes in the weeks ahead simply because that's the nature of these things.  Growing pains, etc.

Kobo customer service is still awesome, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment