Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Decisions, decisions...

I'm trying to decide what to do about something.  I've got two or three options.  I hate the unknown.  Why can't everything be plain as day?  This is why science and engineering are so great.  The universe works according to known physical laws.  All you have to do is establish your boundary conditions and crunch out the arithmetic.  Alas, anything having to do with humans tends to be more muddled and nebulous.

In other news, I've got at least one and maybe as many as four upcoming promotions within the next month or so.  :o

Book 3 of Wheel of Fire currently stands at 111,000 pages and change.  Still working on it.

I took Monday night off, but every other night since Friday I've done my new rowing exercise along with Ben-Hur and the galley slaves.  It's too early to notice a difference, but I swear it feels like I've got just a little extra mass on my upper back.  Just wishful thinking, I'm sure.  But I still expect to turn into the Hulk at some point.  (Not really.  (But you never know.))

I've gone the whole spring/summer without getting stung by a wasp or bitten by an ant.  I almost can't believe it.  And now that I've said that, I'll probably get bitten or stung tomorrow.

I wonder what the record is for "highest body count" in a novel.  I suppose any book that involves nuclear or biological war--particularly the post-apocalyptic stuff--will have a death toll in the tens of millions.

That's all for now, I guess.  Newsletter subscribers, stay tuned.  Announcements coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment