Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sharknado, we barely knew ye

The best flying-shark movie series in the history of Planet Earth has concluded.  Our time-traveling heroes did their thing, slaughtering big carnivorous fish with firearms, lasers, and the ever-present chainsaws.

I'd say that we're all better off for having Sharknado in our lives, but that goes without saying.  It's practically an axiom at this point.  Can one even imagine a world without the movie series?  I certainly can't, nor would I want to try.

I was hoping to see more of Dolph Lundgren in the finale, because Dolph is a pretty cool dude, but he disappeared from the script very early and never returned.  Alas, there's no triumph without sacrifice, I suppose.  Happy trails, Dolph.  *sniff*

On the plus side, we got Dee Snider as an Old West sheriff.  That's the sort of small-town LEO that makes me want to rock.




My favorite cameo was either Marina Sirtis or Ben Stein.  I can't decide which.  Hmm... Okay, now that I think about it, it's Ben Stein.  He was funnier.  Gotta love the old "Bueller" routine.

So there we are.  No more Sharknados.  I suppose we'll have to find something with which to fill our now-empty lives, though I can't imagine what it would be.

Hmm...

Perhaps a Gatorcane?




No comments:

Post a Comment