Monday, April 29, 2019

Progress report

I've broken the 30,000-word mark in this first draft.  I'm on page six of my twelve-page outline.  I'm pleased with my progress and the word-count rate.  I add a lot of words during revision, and my goal for this book is a word count that is close to 100k, so I'm right on track.

I've taken very few notes so far.  Usually, I take notes during the writing of the first draft, and then I go back over those notes when doing the second draft.  Very little in the way of additions or modifications has occurred to me this time, though.  That's good, I think.  It means I'm getting better at outlining.  It also means the second draft should take less time to write.

The past week has seen increased action at Barnes & Noble.  After the Bookbub and prior to this last week, I was getting downloads of Clouds of Venus in the 1-4 range per day.  This past week, though, that rate jumped up to 20-40 per day.  I'm very pleased with this development.  Getting traction there will mean I'll have momentum on three retailers instead of just two.  Thanks for your support, Barnes & Noble readers.  :D

I still need to re-write my outlines for books 5-8 of the series, but I've got a pretty good idea of how I want the plot lines and character arcs to wrap up.  If I pull it off, it'll be awesome.  Let's hope I can pull it off.

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading, folks, and thanks for supporting my work.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment