Friday, April 5, 2019

Progress has stalled

I've been unproductive lately.  This latest move by Google--and the decisions I've been forced to make--have distracted me, and it's hard to get back in the writing mindset.  It's always something, you know?  The world can't just tick right along in a regular fashion.  It always has to make things exciting.  I don't like exciting.  Like any good hobbit, I like peace and quiet and good tilled earth.

Strange how excitement has a way of finding me nonetheless.  Y'all wouldn't believe some of the things that have happened to me over the course of my life.  I can scarcely believe them myself.

My goals over the next week or so are as follows:

Once I'm sure my books are down from Google Play, I'll attempt to re-publish them to that platform via Draft2Digital.

Assuming I can get my books back on GP via D2D, I'll change the sidebar links to reflect the new locations.  I'll add the new links to my Bookbub Partner dashboard.  I'll add the new links to my StoryOrigin universal book link.

I'll take a look at the other platforms that PublishDrive distributes to and consider making my books available there.  It's a bunch of stores I've never heard of, including some in China, so my expectations for sales at those places is zero.  Anything above zero would be a bonus.  But not all those stores accept English-language books, and at least one only takes children's books, so I'll need to do some homework first.

So there we are.  Nothing ever comes easy.  I'm just doing the best I can.

And now I need to get back to the Wheel of Fire, because there's a war on in that galaxy, and the characters are sort of lost without my explicit direction.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff! This is Monica from PublishDrive. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused. Our team understands how frustrating it is to deal with these logistical issues.

    Also, I wanted to give you a heads up that Google let us know these updated policies are being enforced consistently across all aggregators and ebook distribution services. So unfortunately, if you distribute your books to Google Play through another aggregator, you’ll likely run into the same problem.

    We’ll continue to keep our users updated about this situation as more information becomes available. In the meantime, feel free to email support@publishdrive.com if you ever have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Monica. Thanks for the reply.

    I'm sorry things played out this way. I'm still deciding what to do about all this. If I have any questions, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete