Thursday, April 4, 2019

I'm taking my books down from Google Play

I received a notice from PublishDrive recently.  Apparently, Google now requires PD's authors to also have a Google Publisher's account.  I have no interest in that for a variety of reasons, so I've taken my books down.  Or, at least, I've told PD to withdraw them, so it should happen in a matter of hours.

Once I'm sure they're down, I'll put them back up at Google Play via Draft2Digital.  I've already contacted D2D about it, and they told me that Google hasn't made any such demands to them as of yet.

I don't blame PublishDrive for this.  They had little choice in the matter.  This is all Google's fault.

Once the books are live on Google Play again--assuming, of course, that everything goes off without a hitch--then I'll update the links on the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment