Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Health update

Good news for a change.  My neck no longer hurts.  I'm going to assume it was a pulled muscle or tendon or something.  It might have happened while I was sleeping and turned over in bed.  That would explain why I can't pin down when or how it happened.  Anyway, it seems to be over now, so that's good.

I've altered my diet and exercise routine slightly.  As a result, I'm digesting food better than I have in a long time, and I've gone two weeks without a headache.  This is a wonderful trend.  Let's hope it holds.

On the negative side, I accidentally stabbed my eyeball with the edge of my contact lens while trying to put it in.  So I'm stuck with glasses for a couple of days while the cornea heals.  Not the first time this has happened.  It's a minor nuisance, though, not a big deal.  By Saturday, I'll be back to normal.

I've also been battling some sort of itchy outbreak over the past several days.  Some auto-immune response or other, I guess.  It's getting better, though.  I've been taking diphenhydramine (generic version of Benadryl), and that seems to help a little.

I'm actually feeling optimistic about my health for once.  Let's hope this summer proves less sickly than the last one.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment