Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ah, the holly

I love the smell of holly flowers in the spring.  It might just be my second favorite flower aroma after Gardenia.  The holly tree here is currently in bloom, and the pollen-collecting buggers are all over it, and it's great to just stand there next to it, breathe deeply, and let the constant drone from the buzzing of insectoid wings lull you into a happy spring trance.

In The Lord of the Rings, the fellowship passes through what used to be the land of Hollin.  The road is lined with ancient holly trees.  Whenever I look at a holly tree, it always reminds me of that scene from my favorite novel.

My neck still hurts, but not as much, so I think I'm getting better rather than worse.  I'm calling it a win.

I'm nearly done with the third page of my outline, so I'm about a quarter of the way done with the draft, I guess.  Rough estimate, of course.  I've been stuck on the same scene for a couple of days, though, and it's driving me nuts.

Starting on the 23rd, and running for about a month, I'll be doing a group promo via StoryOrigin.  I've never used StoryOrigin before, so I don't know what to expect.  But it's free, so there's no downside as far as I'm concerned.

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading, and thanks for supporting my work.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment