Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Decisions

Success!  The books I loaded to PublishDrive and sent to Google Play are now all listed as live in the GP store on the PD dashboard.  I'll start adding links to the sidebar.  But it's nice to know that it just took a while, that it wasn't a glitch or anything.  Obviously, I'm still feeling this thing out.

Now I need to decide two things: back matter and prices.

Since I'm only distributing to Google via PD, I'm thinking about putting Google-specific links in the back matter.  I'll have to check PD's terms and conditions to make sure that's cool.  But if it is, then I'll probably do that.  The downside is that I'd have to change all that back matter again if I ever wanted to send the books to any of the other retail options offered by PD.

As for prices, PD automatically adjusts the prices to compensate for GP's ridiculous discounting policy.  If PD can be relied upon to do this in a timely enough manner to avoid me getting a nastygram from Amazon, then I can change the prices so that they're the same as those at Amazon.  I'm leaning towards doing this.  Still mulling it over, though.

Also, Barnes & Noble has finally changed the price of Mind Games back to $3.99, so I've submitted the price change at Amazon.

While proofing book 3, I came across a goof.  I had the wrong names in some places.  I fixed it, and hopefully that's the last goof of that sort.  I hate it when I do stuff like that.  But this is why I go over this stuff as carefully as I do.  I want the end product to be as error-free as possible.

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading and supporting my work.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment