Thursday, June 20, 2019

I've been getting the urge

...to dig the sax out and start playing again.

It's been a long time, and my embouchure is shot.  The instrument would sound horrible until my mouth re-learned how to play.  It might even sound horrible after that, because it's an old horn with lots of mileage and I have no idea if the pads are still good or not.

But I still get the urge to try.  I was listening to some Glenn Miller tunes today, and I wanted to play along.

If money was no object, I'd probably buy a new horn.  A tenor sax this time, not an alto.  And after I got my playing chops back, I'd look into finding a group of some kind and doing public performances.  Rock, swing, whatever.  It's the fun of performing that matters, not the musical genre.

But money is an object, and so is time, so I can't indulge my flights of fancy just yet.  Maybe some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment