Friday, June 14, 2019

A clear night brings success!

I went outside with the binoculars again tonight.  This time, the air was clearer and less humid.  I looked at Jupiter, and lo and behold, I saw four moons!  Two to the left, two to the right, making a straight line that slanted down from left to right.  Freakin' awesome.

For the record, the binoculars only magnify up to fifteen times, so anything with that power or greater should be sufficient.

I feel like Galileo or somebody.  Pretty exciting stuff.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's the first time in my life I've ever seen Jupiter's moons, so I was pretty stoked about it. :D

    If the air's clear where you're at, and you've got some binoculars or a telescope or a rifle scope or something, then I'd encourage you to take a look. It's pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete