Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Windows...

I swear Windows 10 does this stuff on purpose.  It loves trolling me.  That's why it gives me notifications for the most inane things but not for the important things.  It's why it says it can't finish downloading my update, but when I click on the thing to do it manually, it doesn't download.  Or it does, but it doesn't tell me it's doing it, so I think it's not.

And if something ever goes really wrong, good luck trying to diagnose it, because Windows surely isn't going to tell you.  Vista was superior in this regard.  It gave you all sorts of info.  Not 10, though.  It's a cagey rascal.  Everything is hidden, and nothing is found easily.

It's been rumored that Microsoft eventually wants to go to a paid subscription model for the operating system.  I don't know if there's any truth to that or not.  If there is, though, then that would be sufficient motivation for me to switch to Linux.  I'm not paying a monthly fee forever just to use my computer.  Windows 10 is annoying enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment