Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Venturing out

I had an eventful Monday.  I actually went places.

The credit union's lobby was closed due to the virus, but they had the drive-through tellers going.  The connection was choppy--like a stream over poor bandwidth--but I got my Trump Bux check deposited.  Lol...

The post office was open as usual.  Most people there were in masks.  I also wore a mask and gloves which I discarded on my way out.  The gloves, not the mask.  I kept the mask.

Home Depot was open, but they were controlling the number of people in the store at any one time.  The entrance was roped off like a line at an amusement park.  No one was in line, though, so I guess I beat the crowd.  About half the folks there were in masks.  Maybe less.  The checkout lines had taped-off areas of the floor telling us where to stand and whatnot, though there were few enough people so that it didn't really matter.

I didn't see any corona zombies.  No riots or fights for toilet paper.  No crazed scolds whining about people being out.  It was an eventful day just due to the fact that I was out and around strangers, but it was uneventful by pre-plague standards.

Oh, by the way... I watched the movie Contagion the other day for the first time.  The parallels are a bit eerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment