Friday, April 10, 2020

Finally wore real shoes again

I wore real shoes again today for the first time in about a month and a half.  Ever since I realized my toe was infected, I've been either going barefoot or sticking to slippers or flip-flops.  My abscess, though still discolored and slightly swollen, hasn't officially been infected for a while now, and it seems to be gradually getting back to normal.  I'm cautiously declaring it "healed," at least for practical purposes.

When all you've been wearing for the past several weeks is stuff with hard flat soles, you notice the change when you put tennis shoes on and walk around a little.  It's like walking on cushions.  It felt great.

I did some yard work, and that felt even better.  I've been cooped up and somewhat immobile, and I finally got to do something productive and physical.  When I finished, I came inside feeling like a million bucks.

Now I just need to polish off this first draft of a short story I'm working on.  I've got a little more gas in my tank, so maybe I can knock this thing out quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment