Monday, March 26, 2018

Progress report

I've started my first scene on a particular Felid world.  This is the second Felid planet in the book so far on which some POV action takes place.

It's a special place, and I hope I get it right.  I'm excited, but also a little nervous.  If I screw up, a certain assassin-monk will come after me, and I don't want that.

Word count so far is just over 46,000.  Still on page 5 of the outline, but the next scene will put me on page 6.  And some of the later stuff in the outline is very detailed, so it's possible I'm already past the halfway point as far as the first draft goes.  I expect to add a considerable amount of stuff in revision.  Some authors cut material during revision; others add.  I'm one of the latter.  My brain zips through the action faster than I can type it out, so stuff gets left out.  I have to go back and add it in later.

I expect to break the 50,000-word mark before the week is out.  When that happens, it'll officially be novel-sized.  My progress has been slower than I would have liked, but them's the breaks.  Just have to try to do better going forward.

In the meantime, if you're in a generous mood, feel free to help me out a little by telling your friends about my books.  ;)

Until next time... free Hesperus, and Free Space!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment