Thursday, March 29, 2018

Book 3 is now novel-sized

Broke through the 50,000-word mark.  It's officially a novel, though one without an ending yet.  I'm still working on that.  But I always end the story; I don't do cliffhangers.  I always wrap up the main plot.  So don't worry about that.

I'm on page 6 of my 13-page outline, but I think the stuff nearer the end of the outline is more dense.  By that I mean it should translate into fewer draft pages than the first half of the outline.  I highly doubt this first draft will break 100,000 words.

Caverns of Mercury and Cities of Mars will both feature in a Kobo promotion in a few weeks.  I'll announce the sale when the time comes.  I've had some small success with these Kobo promotions, and I only need a few more sales before I reach the threshold for Kobo to pay out.  I'm not optimistic about getting traction on that retailer yet, but I'm optimistic about becoming optimistic.  Baby steps.

It's still my goal to have book 3 out some time this summer and book 4 out before the end of the year.  Not sure if I can make it, but I'll try.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment