Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Amazon knows what I want before I do

Last night I was browsing Amazon for halberds.  Because let's face it... when you need a halberd, nothing else will do.  And halberds are just plain awesome to have around even if you never use one for its intended purpose.  I'm not convinced that every household needs a halberd, but I'm not convinced they don't, either.

Anyway...

What do I see in my inbox today?  An email from Amazon advertising medieval clothes and belts.  Cosplay-type stuff.

Now, I'm not a cosplayer.  Not even a little bit.  But I couldn't help checking out those products.  They were interesting, and a part of me was tempted to spend some money.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Amazon is eating every other retailer's lunch.  They know what you might like even if you don't.

I know... "Cool story, bro."  But I found it amusing, especially since I was tempted to purchase things I've never wanted before.

I doubt I'll end up getting a halberd.  But you never know.  And if I do, then maybe I'll get some of those recommended other things to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment