Saturday, October 20, 2018

Migraine blues and other stuff

Had another migraine last night.  Instead of getting anything useful done, I spent the night lying down, sitting on the toilet, and throwing up.  Par for the course.

No headache today--well, a little lingering bit, but practically none--but I've been kind of weak and tired.  That's also par for the course.

The air has gotten cooler.  Highs have been in the upper 60s the past few days.  Summer's officially over, I guess.  Today was breezy with overcast skies.  There was an enormous flock of blackbirds, too, making an awful racket.  It was like a scene from a Hitchcock movie.  Appropriate, I suppose, with Halloween approaching.

Until recently, every promotion I'd done on Kobo resulted in at least one sale.  The past couple of them, though, came up empty.  I have no idea how to get any momentum going there.  :(

Once I get the current work-in-progress published, I'll probably set up a Streetlib account.  I've basically decided to get on Google Play via Streetlib.

My magnet promotion thing netted 112 downloads during the promotional period.  However, I never took the story off "magnet" status, so it's accumulated a few more downloads since then.  I have no idea how people are finding it.  Maybe some folks liked it enough to tell their friends on Facebook or something.  *shrug*

Bookbub raised their prices.  A permafree SF book is no over $500 to promote.  It doesn't matter so long as I can't get a deal, but still...  :(

That's all for now.  Take care, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment