Monday, October 18, 2021

Can't believe it's almost Halloween

Another year is almost gone.  They're flying by too fast.  Or too slowly, I guess, depending on my mood.

I need to start buying Christmas gifts for family members.  With the global supply shortage, there's no telling what will be in stock a month from now, if anything.

I usually enjoy the Halloween season.  There's real value, I think, in acknowledging the existence of evil and monsters and whatnot.  It reminds us of the dangers out there.  There aren't many serial killers in hockey masks running around, but there are dangerous men and animals out there that will kill you if you're careless.  The hockey-mask villains plant that seed in our brains.  They keep us on our toes.

The last couple of years, though, have been bad enough so that I don't need Halloween to remind me of anything.  The daily news is reminder enough.

I hope a time comes when I can enjoy the season again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment