Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Mostly good

I put some polyurethane on the wood project I'm building.  It's been a long time since I've used this stuff on anything.  Last time--decades ago--I used a brush.  This time I used a rag.  I'm convinced that the rag is the way to go.  You get a thinner coat and less dripping.  Multiple thin coats are better than fewer thick coats.

I still ended up with a couple of drips.  I'll see if I can sand those down.  For the most part, though, I didn't have any drips, and I'm pleased with that.  The first poly coat is mostly good.

No, I'm not posting any pictures.  I'm not a woodworker, and the results of my labors leave a lot to be desired.  But I'll have a functional--and hopefully waterproof--piece of furniture soon, and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment