Friday, July 31, 2020

They grow up so fast

I'm talking about mosquitoes, of course.  :/

On Tuesday, I noticed some mosquito larvae swimming around in an outdoor container--a saucer thingie for a potted plant to sit in--that had some water in it.  So I did what any reasonable person would do.  I dumped the water on the ground and washed out the container thoroughly.  I put it back dry.

Three days later, I looked again.  The saucer once again sported a crop of larvae.  Even more this time!

I couldn't believe it.  Just three days, folks.  That's all it takes.  These things reproduce fast.

If you've got any standing water outside, check it for mosquito larvae.  And then check it again three days later, because they like to come back.

They like to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment