Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Still here

It's been eight days since my last post, so I figured I'd mention that I'm still alive.  I haven't gotten sick with the coronavirus.  I haven't been killed defending my toilet paper fort from the hordes of corona zombies.  But who knows what the next week will bring?  Shutting down commerce has long-term consequences that have yet to fully manifest, and desperate people do desperate things.

In the meantime, I've got an appointment with the podiatrist.  Hopefully I can get the abscess on my toe dealt with and resolved in a satisfactory manner.  I really want the full use of my foot back.

And now that the flowers of spring are blooming, I'm going to try to step outside every now and then and smell them.  I'm not going to let the abscess, the virus, the economic shutdown, the widespread panic, or any other global catastrophe ruin my spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment