Thursday, December 20, 2018

Seasonal blues

My niece came down with the flu just in time for Christmas.

An appliance stopped working.  I don't know why.  Naturally, it's out of warranty.

My exercise habits have fallen off, and I'm in terrible shape.

I was using super glue on something and accidentally got glue where I shouldn't have.  I spent a few minutes trying to remove the excess glue with a toothpick and mineral spirits.  Didn't get all the glue off.

The heel on my boot has started to peel away.

*sigh*

This time of year is tough enough already.  The cold weather and reduced sunlight give me the blues.  Add in all these extra little problems and annoyances, and it just beats me down.

There was a time when I could handle this stuff better, when I could take all the little things in stride and keep going without falter.  Those days seem like a lifetime ago.  They seem like they're from another person's life, not mine.  I look at photos of myself from high school, and I don't even recognize that kid.  He looks so confident and happy.  I envy him.

Four months.  I just need to hang on for four months.  Then spring will be here, and hopefully my soul will be renewed along with everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment