Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Rough week

It started Sunday night...

I was doing some handyman stuff, and I dropped a screw behind my workbench.  I got down on my hands and knees to look for it.  While down there, I managed to jab myself in the eye with the handle of my bench vise.  My contact lens popped out, and my eye hurt for several minutes afterward.  I don't think the contact was damaged.  My eye didn't look injured when I examined it in the mirror, so I figured I'd simply wait and see rather than go to a doctor.  I've only worn my glasses this week to give the eyeball a chance to heal.  There was a slight bit of stinging on Monday, but it wasn't bad.  I think it's going to be fine, and I'm going to try wearing my contacts tomorrow.

On Tuesday night, I had a migraine headache.  All night.  Well into Wednesday, too.  My headache mostly subsided later on Wednesday, but I still felt tired and weak and a little queasy.

I'd like to feel normal on Thursday.  And wear my contacts, too, so I can actually see things.  I've got a social engagement this weekend, and I'd like to be... well... sociable rather than zombie-like.

On the plus side, there's lots of fall color here at the moment.  The sourwood tree is particularly striking, full of bright-red leaves.  It's actually been a pretty nice fall so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment