Sunday, June 19, 2022

Woodworking likes and dislikes

After doing some casual woodworking, I'm still very much a novice at it.  Frankly, I suck.  But I've learned what I like and don't like about it, so I thought I'd share.

I like chiseling.  This is my favorite woodworking thing to do.  When I'm chiseling out a mortise, it's sort of a zen thing.  I enjoy using the chisel for paring, too.  I could chisel all day, or at least until my aching back makes me quit.

I'm ambivalent about drilling and sawing.  Meh.

I really hate sanding.  Even when using a power tool like an orbital sander or sheet sander, sanding still sucks.  It's just the worst, man.

I haven't used my woodburning pen enough to know if I'll enjoy it or not.  Time will tell.  So far, though, using it has been awkward, and I'm not confident at all with it.  I need a lot more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment