Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Update

Well, a few things have happened since I last blogged.

The most important of those things is my aunt dying.  She lived in another state, so plans are being made to attend her service.  It sucks to lose her, but it will also be good to see the extended family and mourn with them in person.

I actually didn't watch any Olympic events at all.  Just the Opening Ceremony.  I had meant to see more of it; I just didn't get around to doing it.  After reading about it, though, I'm glad I missed it.  Between the food and the rules and the disqualifications and the industrial settings at the events, it sounds like it was quite the dystopian experience.

My parents are sick.  Dad has Covid, confirmed by home test kit.  Mom didn't test herself, but we're assuming she has it, too.  They've been sick for several days now without getting worse, so I'm pretty sure they're not in danger of dying from it.  For most folks, having Covid is no worse than having the flu, and that's been the case for me and my family.  (My parents and I all had it a year ago; I think we picked it up at the extended family Christmas get-together.)

If the American and Russian governments manage to get themselves into a war, and it ends up going nuclear, then I won't be incinerated.  I live too far from a target.  I am, however, directly downwind of a number of targets, so fallout will be an issue for a couple of weeks or so.  The good news is that I live in a humid climate, which means frequent rains, and rain washes that crap away.  So don't fret too much for me.  I can hole up and live off Campbell's soup until it's safe to go outside.  If the zombies attack, I'll try to get some video of them when I'm not busy shooting them.

The daffodils are in full bloom, and the maple trees are blooming.  Another five or six weeks and then the holly and tulip poplars should flower.  Spring is on the way.  Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment