Monday, February 28, 2022

Sawing dovetails is easy

It's sawing them so that they fit together cleanly that's tough.  For me, it's basically impossible.  I'm a terrible woodworker.

The good news is that I'm building something for my niece, and she's only nine years old, so maybe she's still young enough so that she'll be grateful for the item anyway and not dwell on its imperfections.

In other news, my parents are getting better.  They're still a little sick, but only in a minor way.  They should be back to normal soon.  This is their second bout with Covid-19, and this one came after both had been double-vaxxed.

The weather's going to be nice this week.  That will suck if we get nuked; rain washes fallout away, and a lack of rain will allow it to linger.  But at least this stuff is happening in March rather than July so we don't have to try to survive without air conditioning.

I've been imagining a dystopia story for a while now.  I've made some notes and am slowly letting it gel in my head.  Are people interested in reading dystopias at times like this?  I honestly don't know.  But "bad timing" is the story of my life, and I've never been able to avoid it, so I might as well just do what I want and let the chips fall where they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment