Sunday, February 2, 2020

Little snags

I'm in the process of proofreading my book.  I expect to publish it within the next several days.  I had hoped to publish it on Feb. 3rd or 4th when I had planned to send my newsletter out as part of another obligation.

A few days ago, though, I updated Calibre, and then I started getting error messages when I opened an epub I made in it.  I thought it was a problem with the book.  To make a long story short, I went through a lot of formatting-related hassle to correct a javascript problem that might not be the book's fault anyway and is probably a bug in the program. 

So I've been delayed a bit.

I reached a critical mass of exasperation, threw my hands up, and decided to revisit the issue after the Super Bowl.

Speaking of the game, I was mostly disappointed in the commercials.  That's all I was interested in, not the game itself.  I stopped paying attention to the NFL when my team made the biggest choke in sports history.

I liked the M.C. Hammer commercial and the Groundhog Day commercial, but that's about it.  A lot of the jokes fell flat for me.

Still on track to publish this month, and almost certainly before Valentine's Day.  Book 4 is coming.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment