Sunday, September 1, 2019

Progress report

I think I've finished my outline for book 5.  I'm working on the outlines for books 6 and 7.

I'm going to have to go back and re-read books 1-3 to make sure I'm not missing anything or screwing something up.

I'm also still uncertain about titles.  The book 4 title is set, and so is the book 6 title, but the other two are still in flux.  The working title I have for book 5 would be better as the title for book 7, so I think I'll make that switch and then come up with a new title for book 5.

I purchased some audiobook covers for the Free Space trilogy.  I'm still not sure what to do about audio, but I wanted to have the covers on hand anyway.  That way, when/if I do decide, I'll be ready to go without delay.

I sketched out a little bit of a synopsis for a trilogy I'd like to do after Wheel of Fire.

Books 6 and 7 need covers, so I'll need to see to that at some point.  It takes me many iterations to come up with a cover that doesn't suck, so I have to start way in advance.  Perhaps someday I can afford to hire Jeff Brown to do my covers, but today is not that day.

I was thinking recently about how good it feels to have a completed series under my belt.  Lots of authors write book 1 and then get discouraged when it doesn't sell like hot cakes.  They then abandon the series they had planned.  Amazon's Kindle store is littered with unfinished series.  I think simply completing your series is a good way to stand out from the crowd as an author.

That's all for now.  I've got an incoming hurricane to fend off.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment