Monday, July 8, 2019

Progress report

Still working on the first draft of book 4 of Wheel of Fire.  I reached page ten of my twelve-page outline, but then I had to stop.  The rest of the outline wasn't satisfactory.  I'm abandoning it.

I'm now re-outlining the last part of the book.  So the writing is on pause, but as soon as I've got the conclusion outlined, I'll start writing again.  This book is taking a meandering path to KDP, but it'll get there.

That's the good thing about being an indie author.  I can make changes whenever I need to, and there's no external deadline to cause me stress.  I sometimes wonder how many traditionally published authors turned in manuscripts that they knew were sub-par but couldn't be improved because they simply ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment