Thursday, November 30, 2017

Progress report

I'm still working on the second draft of Mind Games, the second book of Wheel of Fire.  I'm on page 167 of a 208-page file.  (Those are OpenOffice pages, not book pages.  The finished product will have a much larger page count.)  I've run into a delay, though, because I've decided to re-write a portion of a battle scene.  I still hope to get this draft done within the next week.

After that, I'd really like to start on the first draft of the next book.  That would give me some time away from book 2--which is good for objectivity--and then I could return to it after the new year and make the final revisions and proofreading and whatnot.  I'd like to get Mind Games published before January is over with.

Of course, these plans are very optimistic, and life has a way of interfering.  So no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment