Thursday, April 20, 2017

Another reason to love Calibre

I already loved Calibre.  Not just for the ebook management and sync-with-kindle stuff, but also for its ability to convert a book into other file formats.  I add a .odt file to Calibre's library, and then I can turn that into a mobi or epub.  Easy-peasy.

What I lacked was a decent epub reader.  I'd been using a Firefox add-on to read epubs, but I wasn't really happy with it.  Recently, though, I discovered that Calibre had a built-in epub reader.  Not an editor, mind you, but a dedicated reader.  (This is either a recent upgrade, or an old feature I simply hadn't discovered it yet.  Who knows...)  So I set it to be the default viewer for epub files.  Now I'm happy.  :)  When I double-click on the Buddy epub, here's what it looks like:




So thanks again, Calibre.  You guys rock.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment