Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My TNR got screwed up

My computer downloaded some updates from Microsoft, including a service pack and a bunch of updates for Microsoft Office, and now my Times New Roman font in OpenOffice Writer is screwed up.  Coincidence?  Here's what a paragraph looks like in TNR (click the image to make it bigger):




Look at the lower-case "e."  It's straight-line part is gone, making it look like a "c."  The "s" is broken, too, along with other curves at the top or bottom of letters.

There's no reason this should have happened.  I don't use Microsoft Office except when necessary.  I downloaded the latest version of OpenOffice Writer, hoping that would fix the issue, but it didn't help.  TNR is still messed up.

So, for now, I'm going to use Cambria instead.  Here's a sample:




I have no idea what I'll publish in when the time comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment