Friday, February 6, 2015

Buddy 2

I'd been toying with the idea of a sequel for a while.  I started it tonight.  I've already outlined it and crunched out over 2000 words.

I don't know how long it'll be.  Probably between 10k and 20k, but I'm not limiting myself to any particular range.  The story will be as long as it needs to be, and no longer.

I'd previously been on the fence about doing this.  I didn't want to waste my time writing a sequel to a story that no one wanted to read more of, you know?  Since making Buddy perma-free, I've been getting a steady number of downloads, but no feedback.  No reviews.  No fan emails.  Nada.  I have no idea if those people liked the story or not.  I know this is typical--only two or three out of every hundred readers end up leaving reviews, on average--but it's still a little frustrating.  My goal is to give the readers what they want, but it's not easy to do that when they don't tell you anything.

Then, a couple of days ago, I noticed there was a new review.  The reviewer liked the story and wanted more.  So I'm giving him what he wants.

There will probably be at least a third part, too.  In for a penny, in for a pound, right?  Anyway, that's what I'm working on at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment