Monday, September 16, 2024

Mission success

Congratulations to SpaceX and everyone involved with the Polaris Dawn mission.  :)

Yeah, I think "first private spacewalk" is a pretty cool line to have on one's resume.

Next up is Mars, I guess.  Elon already laid it out:

After the uncrewed tests, Musk wants to have crews onboard a Starship mission to Mars in about four years. The “flight rate will grow exponentially from there, with the goal of building a self-sustaining city in about 20 years,” added Musk.

A city on Mars in twenty years.  Wildly ambitious, yet I know better than to doubt the man.  He's like Howard Hughes crossed with Tony Stark.

I just hope there's a train to carry ice miners to and from the polar cap like in my book.  Every planet needs a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment