Saturday, December 18, 2021

Musings

I had my fourth consecutive day of headaches today.  That usually doesn't happen.  I'm feeling good right now, though, so hopefully tomorrow will be a good day.

I haven't watched any of my Christmas movies yet.  I need to do that soon.  Only a week left.  It's not Christmas until Hans falls off the Nakatomi building.

The supply chain issues are bewildering to me.  Not the fact that they're happening--I predicted that as soon as the first lockdowns were announced--but rather the timing of them.  I thought this stuff would have manifested much sooner.

I've learned that different kinds of wood react differently to my efforts to plane them.  Pine works well.  Whitewood, not so much.  If I try planing whitewood, then I inevitably end up with gouges wherever knots appear.  The wood near the knot simply prefers to break away rather than be cut.  I suppose this is why furniture and stuff is usually made from trees like walnut and cherry.

It's been just over thirty years since the historic rock concert in Moscow just a month after the August Coup.  And that was just a few months after the Gulf War concluded.  It's kind of crazy thinking back to that time.  I'd go back in a heartbeat, though.  Technological advances notwithstanding, everything was better back then.

This will probably be my last blog post before Christmas, so Merry Christmas, everyone!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment