Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Raining again

Well, I knew those sunny, pleasant days couldn't last too long.  It rained again today, all day, and it's going to rain Thursday and Friday, too.

I swear this is the rainiest summer I've experienced in my entire life.

Starting Saturday, though, it's supposed to be very pleasant.  Sunny and temps in the upper 70s.  Which will be perfect for sawing and chiseling outside.  (I'm building a work bench.)

In unrelated news, comedian Norm MacDonald passed away recently.  He was one of the last--maybe the last--professional comedian who wasn't afraid to offend anyone and everyone.  I personally found his humor real hit-or-miss, but when it hit, it really hit.  One of his Conan appearances back in the day had me in stitches.

He was a heavy smoker who died of cancer, so I assume the cigs are what killed him.  

Don't smoke, folks.  Better not to ever start, but if you're already in the habit, then please try to quit.  My paternal grandmother died of emphysema due to smoking in her youth, and I watched her gasp away her final years while hooked up to an oxygen tank.  It's not a pleasant sight.

Anyway, R.I.P., Norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment