Thursday, January 21, 2021

Still sick

It's been a long week.  It started on Friday.  I felt weak and tired and achy all day.  In the early evening, I started getting chills, and that's when I knew I had a fever.

Saturday morning, the fever broke.  I was surprised it only lasted as long as it did.  I was eating bacon at the time that I noticed I had started sweating (signifying the fever breaking), so perhaps that cured me.  Bacon is magical stuff.

Since then I've been coughing.  It's a dry cough, not a wet one, but it's persistent.  I've still been achy and tired and weak. 

No, I haven't been tested for the covid, nor do I care to get tested.  If I've got it, then I've had it long enough by now so that I know it's not going to kill me.  (But I knew that anyway due to my age and general health level.)  I'm treating the symptoms with cough syrup, cough drops, and pain killers.  I'm not eating much solid food, but I'm trying to force myself to drink plenty of fluids.

The sinus infection I had two years ago was a lot worse than this.  So I'm not worried, and you shouldn't be, either.

Anyway, that's my status.  I haven't spent much time on the computer.  In my sensitive condition, focusing on the screen makes my eyes water.  Strangely, my Kindle Fire doesn't have that effect on me, so I've been reading a lot, working through some of my to-be-read list.

Hope y'all are doing better than me.  Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment