Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Revenge of the toe

My toe has been healed up for several months now.  For most of this year, I've been wearing normal shoes and doing normal activities.  I thought this whole abscess thing was behind me.

On Monday, the toe started hurting again.  Same place where the abscess had been.  And it was a little red and swollen, too.

I should add that, as far as I can recall, this development was due in no part to anything I did.  I didn't pluck out another hangnail.  I didn't drop something heavy on my foot.  I didn't trim my toenail too close to the skin.  There's no identifiable reason for this to be an issue.

Yet hurt it did.

On Tuesday, I started treating it.  I'm cleaning the area with alcohol, applying antibiotic ointment, and bandaging it.  I won't be wearing shoes for a few days, just flip-flops.

Psychologically, I'm really bummed out.  It's like the universe decided that all the stressors from 2020 just weren't enough, so let's heap another one on poor Jeff's shoulders.  :(

The good news is that the pain, which hadn't gotten too bad yet, has already subsided a bit, so maybe the area just got pinched in my shoe or something.  Maybe it's not another infection.

If it gets worse, of course, I'll have to seek treatment.  But I'm really hoping I don't have to do that.  I'd love to beat this thing myself over the next few days.  Because right now, I need every personal victory I can get, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment