Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Started designing a magic system

I've started thinking about the epic fantasy series I plan to do at some point.  It's just preliminary brainstorming for now--I won't start on the first book for at least a couple of years.  But it takes time for ideas to percolate in my head, so I'm doing some rough sketching.  I want to have a decent magic system, so I'm putting thought into it now instead of trying to rush it later.

In the meantime, I'm trying to write some short stuff, too.  And I'm working my way through the Mercury book, trying to fix its flaws.  Nothing is finished, though, and that's frustrating.  It's one of my weaknesses--I start out strong but fade at the finish.

On the plus side, my Christmas shopping is done.  So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment