Sunday, February 14, 2016

Did some more world-building

In addition to writing the first draft of Mars, I've been doing the prep-work for what comes next: the Wheel of Fire series.

I've stated before that I don't really like to write.  I like seeing the finished product, and I like thinking up new ideas and stuff, but the part in between--the actual writing part--is kind of a bore.

World-building, on the other hand, is fun.

It's going to get a bit tricky, though.  I've planned a nine-book series, so I'll need enough material to fill it.  I'll have multiple character arcs, and even some arcs for nations and peoples and whatnot.

I plan to outline the whole series before starting on the first book.  I can always change the outline later, if necessary, but at least I'll have a road map of where I'm going.

A nine-book series is awfully daunting.  I can pull it off, I think, but it will stretch me to the limit.  And it will occupy the next to or three years of my life.  My goal for the rest of the year is to finish first drafts of the first three books and have at least the first book available for sale.

And now back to working on Mars...

No comments:

Post a Comment