Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Miscellaneous stuff

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last blog post, so I'm sorry for sort of disappearing like that.  I blame Halloween.  And Guy Fawkes Day.  And the weather.  It's not my fault!





The good news is that I got a few chores done in the interim, both authorly and otherwise.

I'm working on the second draft of book 4 of Wheel of Fire, and I can still finish this draft before Thanksgiving.  I'd like to do all my Christmas shopping within the next week or so.  That would get one major thing off my mind and enable me to charge through to the end of the year.  Now if only my family would actually tell me what they want...

The game show Jeopardy! is having its Tournament of Champions this week and next.  James Holzhauer will be back.  If you don't know who he is, then I encourage you to watch the show and see for yourself.  He's the most dominant player I've ever seen.  He holds a number of the show's records, and he's famous for making huge bets, usually going "all in" on the Daily Doubles.  He's a professional gambler, and it shows.

His Wikipedia page

I recently tried Canada Dry's flavored Ginger Ales--cranberry and blackberry--for the first time, and they're pretty awesome drinks.  Recommended.

This month is November 2019, the time when the movie Blade Runner was supposed to take place.  Interesting coincidence: Rutger Hauer died the same year that his character in the movie died.  R.I.P., Mr. Hauer.

Every now and then, particularly while I've got a forum site in the main tab, my browser will freeze for a moment and then unfreeze with some of the page elements broken.  Reloading the page works to set things aright, but it's still a nuisance.  It's been doing this since the latest Firefox update, so I can only assume it's due to something they broke.  Whatever it is, I hope it goes away with the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment