Saturday, November 9, 2019

Maybe I've fixed it

I've been having trouble with Firefox freezing on forums.  Today I received a notification from my computer that Firefox was blocked from accessing the graphics hardware.  I googled this to see what could be done.

The first remedy I found didn't help.  It suggested turning off a setting that was already off.

The second remedy involved installing a new (actually older) driver for the graphics card.  I really don't like screwing around with drivers, so I'm reserving this option as a last resort.

The third remedy was to uncheck the box for Firefox's hardware acceleration.  This is the remedy I went with.  I've now got it set on "Use recommended performance settings."  Hopefully this will do the trick.

The next few days should tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment