Tuesday, November 19, 2019

I still love my Kindle

My Kindle is a first-generation Kindle Fire tablet.  It was a Christmas gift back in 2011.  It still works just as well as it always has.  I use the "Send to Kindle" app to send ebooks to it remotely.  I do this a lot, actually, because I enjoy old public domain books, both fiction and non-fiction.

There are no ads on my Kindle.  I got mine before the marketers succeeded in putting ads absolutely everywhere.

In another month, I'll have had this device for eight years.  Man... that seems like forever in technology terms.

I have no plans to upgrade or replace it as long as it keeps working.  I know some people have several Kindles and tablets and whatnot, but I'm not one of them.  One reading-thingy is enough for me.  And I still like the one I've got, its advanced age notwithstanding.

In my opinion, Amazon really hit a home run with the first-gen Kindle Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment