Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow

Yep.  It's here.  First snow of the season.

If I had to guess, I'd say this area averages around one snowfall per year.  Some years it doesn't snow, but most years it does.  And sometimes it snows more than once a year.

We even had a white Christmas one year.  It was in 2010, I think.

Another year, it snowed in May.  It was just flurries, and they didn't stick, of course, but it was actual frozen water falling in the middle of spring.  That was a crazy one.

Snow is rare enough so that it's kind of neat, I guess, but I still prefer summer.  When the temperature is 90 or more, and the humidity is thick enough to cut with a knife, and the air is alive with the sound of cicadas... yeah.  Those are the days when you just want to sit outside in the shade, turn on a radio, and dream up new worlds to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment