Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Outline is done

I've finally finished the Mars outline.  I may make some changes, but the important thing is that, at the moment, it has no holes.  There's a beginning, a middle, and an end, and I think I've covered all the phases of the Hero's Journey.  It's a complete story.

I decided to work on it after several hours of beta reading.  I can only do that stuff for so long before I have to do something different.  Tearing apart another author's work is tough, not just mentally, but emotionally.  I don't like being the bearer of bad news.  But that's part of the process.  If you don't take your medicine, you won't get better.  And sometimes that medicine makes you gag and cry.  I just hate being the medicine-bearer.

I'm looking forward to getting the whole trilogy done and moving on to something else.  It may be a while before I attempt any more hard SF.  The soft stuff is easier.  And often more fun anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment