Friday, May 10, 2019

Walmart's search engine has improved

Last August, the big Walmart/Kobo partnership began, and books listed on Kobo appeared on the Walmart website.  The indie author community was abuzz about the possibility of selling books to a whole new market.

Unfortunately, there were some snags.  One of those snags was the search engine.  In order to find my books on Walmart's site, I had to put quotation marks around my name in the search field.  If I didn't, then I'd get results for more famous Jeffs like Bezos and Dunham.  Even with the quoatation marks, though, I still didn't get my books.  I'd get results for "Jeff Tankard," and the products would be beer steins and such.  I had to click on the "did you really mean to search for Jeff Tanyard" link to see my books.

Now, though, something has changed.  I can type my name in--without question marks--and my books appear in the results.  No fuss, no muss.  This is exactly the way their search engine should behave.

So, thanks, Walmart, for tweaking your search engine.  :)

Now I just have to figure out how to make sales there...

No comments:

Post a Comment