Sunday, May 5, 2019

Had a scare

I had a scare tonight.  My laptop stopped working suddenly.  I got the Dell version of the BSOD.  It restarted and told me no hard drive was found.  Then it shut down on its own.  I waited about thirty seconds and then turned it back on.  Everything booted up normally, thankfully, and all seems well now.  Still, the incident gave me a jolt, and I don't like jolts.

In other news, I'm back on Firefox.  The addons glitch has been fixed.  Hopefully Mozilla will learn some lessons from this and reevaluate how they handle addon signatures.

Watching Game of Thrones and reading about the fans' reactions has given me lots of ideas about what not to do as a writer.  Thanks, Benioff and Weiss, for the unintended craft tips.

Progress on book 4 has slowed, but for good reason: I've had to think through some things.  I'm in the middle of a battle scene, and it's not easy to keep everything straight when you're dealing with so many people and motives and variables.

I had a couple of promotions last week, but they didn't perform as well as I had hoped.  I'm reevaluating my promotion strategy.  I really don't want to have to invest the time and money in CPC ads, but it might be unavoidable if I want to make a viable career out of this.  Still mulling all this stuff over.

That's all for now.  Later, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment