Friday, May 3, 2019

First post from Brave

I've been meaning to give the Brave browser a try for a long time.  Mozilla decided to wreck Firefox tonight, so I figured this was as good a time as any.  I downloaded Brave and am currently using it.

On the plus side, installing was pretty easy.  Importing bookmarks and saved passwords was insanely easy.  On the downside, the scrolling seems a little clunky.

The security settings... well, I have no idea what to think about those yet.  Too different from Firefox.  Only time and use will tell.

Are addons available?  I don't think they are, and that's the biggest flaw.  That's where Firefox excels: the vast selection of addons for almost infinite customization options.  I'll be going back to Firefox as soon as Mozilla fixes what they broke.

For now, though, I'm giving Brave a shake.  And it's always nice to have multiple browsers available if you need them, because disasters happen, and you never know what might come in handy.


UPDATE:  Looks like I can use Chrome extensions in Brave.  I have no experience with Chrome, so this is all new to me.  I might have to browse around the selection a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment