Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Man, I'm tempted

Not long ago, a new product was introduced in the air rifle market.  It's the ATI Nova Freedom. 


.177 caliber

.22 caliber


What makes this one interesting is the fact that it's a PCP gun (pre-charged pneumatic) with an integrated pump.  Everything's all in one piece.  No fussing around with scuba tanks or other such headaches.

When I first read about it, I was cautiously optimistic.  It seemed to have all the things I wanted in an affordable PCP rifle.  I wasn't going to drop a non-trivial sum of money on one, though, until I read some reviews by people who have actually used the things.

Well, the reviews are in, and this product seems to be a winner.

PCP rifles tend to be expensive since they offer the best accuracy.  (Including practical accuracy, i.e. not hold-sensitive like springers.)  The Nova Freedom is only four hundred bucks.  That's a deal by PCP standards.

Yeah... I'm tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment